In accordance with the major areas of research activity, measurement technology focuses, on the one hand, on the monitoring of airborne pollutants and related meteorological parameters, and on the other hand, on the parameters related to aero- and thermodynamics.
- Mobile air quality monitoring stations, including those for meteorology
- Special equipment related to particulate matter (e.g. to measure size and mass, distribution, etc)
- High-resolution measurement equipment for applications in aero- and thermodynamics
- Measurement equipment for fire tests
- Sonic measurement equipment, including frequency-band analysis
Accredited Environmental Engineering Test Laboratory
In order to provide sophisticated air-quality monitoring, in 2013, the FVTmbH established an accredited measuring laboratory in accordance with EN ISO/IEC 17025. This can deal with the measurement of particulate matter, of fractions PM10 and PM2.5, as well as measurement of the air pollutants NOX, NO and O3.